Logan checks out the 34″ Microboard M340CLZ! Pretty flippin’ sweet monitor, if I don’t say so myself.
- Brand: Microboard
- Model: M340CLZ
- Panel: Samsung LTM340YP03
- Panel Type: Samsung VA
- Screen Size: 34 inches
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440
- Inputs: DVI / HDMI 2.0 / DP 1.2
- Viewing Angle: 178 degrees
- Max Refresh Rate: WQHD 100Hz / WFHD 144Hz
- FreeSync Range: 42-100Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 3,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Response Time:8MS (GTG) / 4MS (OD)
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Size (includes Stand): 814.98 x 249 x 437.36 mm
- Weight(Packing): 10.4 kg / 22.9 pounds
- Included Plug Type: Korea C Type – we were able to swap with our own standard cable
- Can only tilt
- Base is kind of a fingerprint magnet, due to its glossy finish.
- The white back might be a turn off for some, but being you won’t be spending the majority of your time looking at it – it is really okay.
- Getting the mount on this thing is kind of nerve racking. If you place it down on a table, we can only imagine how little pressure it’d take to crack this thing if you fell on it.
- The price. Although cheaper than its Samsung cousin, you’re still paying $500-$700 for a display that might not even come perfectly.
- Comes in Korean – still a pain in the ass to figure out how to change language options
- The resolution
- The refresh rate
- FreeSync, if you’re an AMD user
- We were skeptics of curved displays until we got used to it. Hutch hated how flat panel ultra wides, you kind of had to move your head a little to get to a comfortable reading position – but with the curved, it really does wonders.
- There is hardly any glare.
- No noticeable backlight bleed.