Quantcast

Cudaminer setup help

| posted 1 year 2 days ago

Cudaminer setup help

Hello, I am stuck on this miner. It is my first so I knew this would happen. I followed the Nvidia setup guide and downloaded CUDAMINER. I extracted it to the desktop. Then went to notepad to make the launch.bat file that I put in the same folder as CUDAMINER . Is there something else that I need to configure?

Sign in or Register to post comments
posted 1 year 2 days ago

I cant quite tell from your picture, but I think you need to capitalise the -o before your worker username and password

posted 1 year 2 days ago

Sorry for the pic, but it's capital.

posted 1 year 2 days ago

Could you post your launch.bat here in text? can't view picture correctly right now.

posted 1 year 1 day ago

cudaminer -o http://pool.gotgrapedrink.com:9344 -O blah:27 -i 1

posted 1 year 2 days ago

If your username is truly blah then you need to go under my account and go to my workers, after you do this set your worker to blah.1 or blah.0 or something easy like that, now put that name in .bat file along with the password you have on the worker. 

posted 1 year 1 day ago

i named the worker blah my username for the pool is fearz

posted 1 year 1 day ago

So it would be fearz.blah not just blah

posted 1 year 1 day ago

Correct :) so replace blah:27 with fearz.blah:27

posted 1 year 1 day ago

oh ok let me try that:

YES!! it worked. Thanks guys. I knew i was missing something simple.

is there a way to give thanks?

posted 1 year 1 day ago

No problem, and just saying it is enough for me! :D

posted 1 year 1 day ago

give us all .1ltc lol :D

posted 1 year 1 day ago

If I ever make it that far my little 470's are having a good old time one is doing about 145k and the other is doing 170K.lol they sound like there going to blow up any minute..

Throedically if I bought a 7970 how long would I have to mine to recoup my money. If I don't game on it when I do get it.lol

posted 1 year 1 day ago

With the proper Oc'ing and settings you can get your 7970 to mine at about 770 kh/s and it draws about 220W, and keeping the stock $/KwH ($.12) you can earn your $450 back in approximately 2.5 months, but it really depends on the server you use, their payout type, and the pools luck. Though, I don't believe the 7970 is the most efficient miner for the money, but who knows, maybe you can make it the most effcient! :D

posted 1 year 1 day ago

I was looking for the older 5000 series for about 100 bucks or so, but not really finding anything in the 5800 family.was was recently going to buy two gtx 660 non TI to game for about the price of a 7970. So I figured its a better minerstill muchfaster them my gtx 470's.

Espically since Nvidia seems like this year won't see a 700 series.

posted 1 year 1 day ago

With just the 7970? 4-5 months. With all three? 2-3 months.

posted 1 year 1 day ago

Our answers differ quiet a bit, what calculator did you use?

Edit: I looked at the wrong column on my calculator, so now mine is saying 3.5 months :p

posted 1 year 1 day ago

I used 700kh/s for the 7970 since almost every one can get that.

posted 1 year 1 day ago

Oh yeah I would run all 3 I don't really care about these 470's besides the fact they have a nice Street Fighter graphic.lol

Plus know they draw a  ton of power.