Quantcast

One of the biggest ISPs in Romania announces $18 gigabit internet

| posted 6 months 1 week ago

One of the biggest ISPs in Romania announces $18 gigabit internet

RCS, one of the biggest ISPs in Romania (If not the biggest. They tried to buy another big ISP at some point but the 'Competition Council' didn't allow them as they would have created a monopoly with over 60% of the market, but that's another story) has recently announced two new plans of 500 Mbps at $15 and 1 Gbps at $18 that will be available starting with November 1st (preorders will be accepted starting with October 15th). As for the coverage, they say it will be available in most parts of the country.

Sometimes I really like my country despite the corrupt system.

Sign in or Register to post comments
posted 6 months 1 week ago

Clicknet still has way better upload speeds at the same price.

Now if only the VAT and toll prices were lower, we'd still have retail PC part shops.

Your comparison is based on the 100 Mbps plan from the two providers. This post is about 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps connections so I doubt it has any relevence in this case as Clicknet doesn't have such plans yet. Also, I don't think that it is true even for the 100 Mbps plans as Clicknet states that they limit the upload speed at 36 Mbps while RDS does not (I usually upload with 50 Mbps on my 100 Mbps connection from RDS)

To new customers maybe :), they both vary their offers depending on customer loyalty.

Meanwhile in Australia and Canada.....just....can't....get....1mb/s. :))

Yeah, don't envy us though. We have thieves stealing cables and even though we've been in the EU for a while now we still have aboveground cables.

it is now your duty to run the terraria 2 sever.