Quantcast

Guitar Heroes

| posted 1 year 8 months ago

Guitar Heroes

So for people here who play guitar (or even people who don't), does anyone here have any guitar heroes?

Aside from some pretty common ones (Jimi Hendrix, etc.), I have a thing for the neoclassical kinda guys :D

Sign in or Register to post comments
posted 1 year 8 months ago

\m/ megadeth, where does dave find people like chris!

posted 1 year 8 months ago

He played in Nevermore before that. BTW Megadeth \M/ and nice username ;)

posted 1 year 8 months ago

I'm old school when it comes to heroes. I was born into 80's metal and fine tuned on eurometal from 90-2011. I've settled on a few from each era.

80's - George Lynch "Dokken", Warren DiMartini "Ratt", Jake E Lee "0zzy", Lita Ford, Oz Foxx "Stryper", Ken Tamplin

90-2011 - Zakk "Ozzy", Duke "Fozzy", Mauser "Vader & UNSUN", that guy from Nightwish and Lacuna Coil

yah, pretty  much anything that is aggressive and has guitar in it I will listen to

posted 1 year 8 months ago

I like a lot of newer metal and such but these two come to mind

Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) He is also the lead singer which I find amazing that he can do both. This probably isn't his best work but he incorporates a lot of different techniques suchs as sweeping (of course) also throws in those skipping some string (I forget the technical term). It just has a lot of great points about it.

https://

Brandon Small (DethKlock/Metalocalypse) You can skip to 0:48. A lot may not be a fan of him but he has some pretty awesome stuff going on.

https://

I'll probably get flame for this because some people consider it metal and others dont...Avenged Sevenfold

I'm not sure if it's just the guitars but they just have a good sound and some of the songs have a lot of feeling behind them which I admire. They have some pretty awesome guitar work such as M.I.A. and some really cool acoustic's in Sidewinder.

posted 1 year 8 months ago

You won't have to worry about us "flaming" you. While I personally am not a fan of Sevenfold, who am I to tell you what "good music" is? Also, Brendan Small \M/

posted 1 year 8 months ago

lol ... yah I come from the old school of metal which is defined as "heavy & loud with a fuck you attitude". It makes me rofl that all these little timmies have split metal into genres so they can get internet cred.

fuck you timmies! metal is metal!

posted 1 year 8 months ago

Metal has had different subgenres since thrash. To listen to Black Sabbath and Cannibal Corpse and say they are not different is kinda silly :)

posted 1 year 8 months ago

True, but to classify them to extremes like... Nightwish is Symphonic Gothic Power Metal is over the top. Most of these are based on a few songs on one cd. To me ... Nightwish is pure symphonic.

posted 1 year 8 months ago

Emil Werstler...........................

https://

Alexi Laiho...

https://

posted 1 year 7 months ago

Even though they don't play metal my guitar heroes are Prince and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

posted 1 year 6 months ago

Seree Lee, I love his album Classic Axe where he covers Mozart and others on his guitar

Mozart - Rondo Alla Turca from Classic Axe

Not sure if this one is a cover or his own peice Concerto In Eb from Into the Mystic Side

The Hunter from Dream Metal Symphony

I also enjoy Sam Totman and Herman Lee from Dragonforce

posted 1 year 6 months ago

Dimebag Darrell not sure if that counts as a common one. Also, Mark Morton and Willie Adler from Lamb of God.

posted 1 year 5 months ago

Mattias Eklundh

Guthrie Govan

Dime

John Petrucci

Michael Romeo

posted 1 year 5 months ago

Eric Clapton, Drew Abbott and Bob Seger (because they're grouped), Jimmy Paige, Joe Perry

BECAUSE ROCK N' ROLL